This recipe is courtesy of the plant-based food photographer & chef, Anders Engsas. Find this and other creations on Instagram @anders_kitchen.
- 1 tin (400g) chickpeas
- 1 tbsp paprika
- 400 g Le Veneziane Penne
- 150 ml Extra virgin olive oil
- 20 g fresh basil
- 1 tsp White wine vinegar
- 1/2 head iceberg lettuce
- 1 whole red onion
- 10 Cherry tomatoes
- salt & pepper (to taste)
- 1 generous squeeze Lemon (optional)
For the chickpeas:
- Heat the oven to 200 degrees Celsius
- Drain the Chickpeas and toss with olive oil and paprika powder.
- Add to a tray and roast in the middle of the oven for 10 minutes, making sure they do not burn.
- Set aside.
For the pasta salad:
- Add basil, oil and vinegar in a mixer and blend until smooth. Set aside.
- Wash the lettuce and slice into smaller pieces, slice the tomatoes in half and dice the red onion.
- Boil the pasta and drain.
- Pour the basil dressing over the warm pasta, add salt and pepper.
- Add lettuce, tomatoes and Chickpeas and mix it all together.
- Add a squeeze of fresh lemon juice to finish!
Share this Recipe