These healthy flapjacks are perfect to make with, and nourish, little ones. Replacing refined sugar with natural fruit sugar and nut butter, they are packed with good nutrients. Made using wholegrain oats from Bob’s Red Mill, a firmly family oriented company, for a recipe to enjoy for years to come!
- 50 g dairy free butter plus extra for greasing
- 2 tbsp Almond butter
- 3 tbsp honey
- 2 medium ripe bananas mashed
- 1 medium apple grated
- 250 g rolled oats we used Bob's Red Mill Quick Cook Oats
- 85 g dried apricot chopped
- 100 g raisins
- 100 ml apple juice
- Heat oven to 160C. Grease a 20cm square tin. Prepare the ingredients.
- Heat the dairy free butter, almond butter and honey in a small pan until melted. Mash the banana, add the grated apple and 100ml apple juice, mix to combine with the butter mixture.
- Tip the oats and dried fruit into a large bowl. Pour in the combined banana and apple mixture and stir until everything is well combined.
- Tip into the tin and press with a spoon to compact the mixture.
- Bake for 45 mins until golden. Once cooled, slice into bars.
Share this Recipe