The whole family will enjoy this pasta bake and we bet they don’t even realise it’s gluten free! Le Veneziane is Italy’s best selling gluten free pasta (and Italians KNOW their pasta!)
Mackerel is an oily fish containing omega 3 fatty acids, which are thought to be cardio-protective and also improve brain function. We are recommended to eat oily fish once per week so this recipe is an economical (and delicious) way to help you meet this target.
- 250g Pack Le Veneziane Gluten Free Penne
- 3 Medium Leeks Thinly sliced
- 1 Tablespoon Extra virgin olive oil
- 250 ml Half fat Crème fraîche
- 2 Tins Mackerel in olive oil Drained
- 1 Tablespoon Capers Chopped
- 4 Cherry tomatoes Halved
- 30 g Extra mature cheddar Grated
- 8 Florets Broccoli Halved
- Fry the leeks in olive oil for 10 minutes until softened.
- Meanwhile, bring a large pot of water to the boil, add the penne, after 10 minutes (or when the pasta is al dente) add the broccoli and cook for a further 2 minutes. Drain and then return to the pot.
- Add the leeks, crème fraîche, capers and mackerel to the pasta mix. Stir well.
- Pour into a cassarole dish, top with the cherry tomatoes and cheddar.
- Grill under a medium heat for 5-10 minutes, until lightly golden.
- Serve and enjoy!
Share this Recipe