- 1 packet Le Veneziane Gluten Free Lasagne Sheets
- 3 large Aubergines sliced thinly lengthways
- 2 tbsp Garlic infused olive oil
- 1 large jar Passata
- 1 tbsp tomato puree
- 1 teaspoon dried Italian herb mix
- 1 tsp sugar
- 1 tbsp red wine vinegar
- 1 small Bunch of fresh basil
- 125 g vegetarian hard Italian cheese
- 1 ball Reduced fat mozzarella
- 2 handfuls Gluten-free breadcrumbs
- Lightly fry the aubergine strips in garlic oil using a non-stick frying pan until golden brown.
- Heat the passata in a pan with the tomato puree, Italian herbs, sugar and red wine vinegar for 10minutes. Add the torn basil at the end.
- Add a thin layer of the passata mixture to the bottom of a lasagne dish; add a layer of aubergine, sprinkle with parmesan and torn mozzarella then top with the lasagne. Repeat for another two layers.
- Top the final layer of lasagne with passata, parmesan, mozzarella and breadcrumbs.
- Cook at 200oC for 25-30minutes until it bubbles at the sides and is golden on top.
- Serve with a balsamic dressed green side salad.
Top tip: next time your gluten-free bread goes stale, or you get a crumbled loaf, make a batch of breadcrumbs. They can be frozen in air tight bags - convenient and saves on food waste!
Share this Recipe