This dairy free, lactose free milk alternative is so simple to make from scratch. Semper’s oat flakes are specially handled during growing and harvesting to avoid contamination with gluten from other grains so are suitable for coeliacs.
- 100 g Semper Organic Gluten Free Oats
- 750 ml Water
The night before
- Weigh 100g of oats into a bowl, cover with water and leave to soak overnight.
In the morning
- Rinse the oats well with water using a fine sieve.
- Add the soaked, washed oats to a food processor, add 750ml water. Blitz well.
- Pass the oat mixture through a muslin cloth to strain the smooth liquid.
- Pour into an airtight container. Chill in the fridge, shake before use.
We love to use our home-made oat milk to make porridge, on cereal or as a chilled drink.
For a sweeter flavour add a little maple syrup. For saltiness add a small pinch of salt.
Share this Recipe