|Prep Time||10 minutes|
|Cook Time||20-25 minutes|
- 150 g Unsalted butter at room temperature
- 175 g Caster sugar
- 3 medium Free-range eggs
- 1 tsp Vanilla essence
- 140 g Bob's Red Mill Gluten Free 1-1 Baking flour
- 1.5 tsp Baking powder
- 0.5 tsp Salt
- 50 ml Buttermilk
- 75 g Chocolate chips
- Preheat the oven to 170 oC. Brush a rectangular baking tin measuring 20cm x 30 cm with a little vegetable oil.
- Cream the butter and sugar until pale and light. Gradually add the eggs, bit by bit, beating vigorously in between each addition. The mixture should look like mayonnaise.
- Add the vanilla essence, followed by the flour, baking powder, salt and buttermilk. Mix gently to combine.
- Pour the batter into the greased tin and scatter the chocolate chips on top.
- Bake for 20 – 25 minutes until well risen and golden.
Share this Recipe