Crispbreads for breakfast? Le Pain des Fleurs Chestnut Crispbread makes a deliciously light breakfast or sweet afternoon treat. Swap the butter for a plant based spread and the recipe is vegan.
This alternative to regular jam uses chia as the thickening agent. Therefore, it is lower in sugar and has no added refined sugar. Chia seeds are very high in fibre which makes the jam lower glycaemic index. Chia is also a good plant based source of calcium, phosphorus and magnesium.
- 1 Pack Le Pain des Fleurs Chestnut Crispbread
- 500 g Raspberries frozen work just as well
- 3 Tbsp Chia seeds reserve a little for decoration
- 2 Tbsp Maple Syrup
- 1 Tbsp Lemon juice
- French butter or plant based/vegan alternative if you prefer
- Heat the raspberries in a pan, gently, until broken down and bubbling.
- Turn off the heat. Add the chia, stir well.
- Add maple syrup and lemon juice, to taste.
- Allow to cool, then transfer to a glass jar.
- Spread the butter thinly on the crispbread, then add chia jam and a sprinkle of seeds. Enjoy with a freshly brewed cup of tea.
The chia jam will keep in the fridge for around 1 week.
Le Pain des Fleurs Chestnut Crispbread are available to buy online from Ocado.
Share this Recipe