- 2 Free-range eggs
- 100 g Sugar or alternative such as Coconut Sugar
- 100 g Bob’s Red Mill “1-To-1” Flour plus extra for dusting
- 1 Unwaxed lemon juice and zest
- ¾ tsp Baking powder
- ½ tsp Vanilla essence
- 100 g Unsalted butter melted and cooled slightly, plus extra for greasing
- Preheat the oven to 200C/400F/Gas 6. Brush the madeleine tray with melted butter then shake a little flour to coat, tapping out the excess.
- Whisk together the eggs and the sugar alternative in a bowl until frothy. Lightly whisk in the remaining ingredients. Leave to stand for 20 minutes before carefully pouring into the prepared madeleine tray.
- Bake for 8-10 minutes, or until the mixture has risen a little in the middle and is fully cooked through. Transfer the madeleines to a wire rack and leave for a few minutes to cool slightly. These are best eaten within an hour of cooking.
- Bakes 12 - 16 madeleines.
Equipment: You will need a 12 or 16 cup Madeleine baking tray.
Share this Recipe