This colourful recipe encompasses the phrase ‘eat a rainbow’ and contains an impressive 12 different plant-based foods. Eating a wide range of plant based foods supports a healthy gut micro-biome and provides a broad variety of vitamins, minerals and antioxidants.
- 250 g Le Veneziane Gluten Free Lasagne Sheets
- 250 g Passata
- 0.5 Medium red onion diced
- 4 Medium Steamed Beetroot grated
- 1 Tbsp Extra virgin olive oil
- 0.5 Clove garlic crushed
- 1 Tablespoon Ketchup
- 200 g Passata
- 1 Large Yellow Pepper sliced into large chunks
- 400 g Butternut Squash cubed
- 0.5 Medium Brown Onion diced
- 2 Tbsp Extra virgin olive oil
- 1 Tsp Extra virgin olive oil
- 1 Large Courgette grated
- 3 Tbsp Pesto
- 350 g Gluten free Bechamel sauce we love Sacla Vegan White Sauce, it is vegan and gluten free
- 150 g Mozzarella or dairy free cheese alternative, we love the brand Sheese
- 100 g Strong Cheddar or dairy free cheese alternative, we love the brand Sheese
- 6 Fresh basil leaves
For the purple layer
For the orange layer
For the green layer
For the top
- Heat the oil in a frying pan, add the chopped onion and fry for 5 minutes. Add the grated beetroot, fry for a further 5 minutes. Add the passata and ketchup and gently heat through.
- Add the butternut and onion to a baking dish, drizzle with olive oil. Bake at 180oC for 25 minutes until golden brown. Once cooled blitz in a food processor into a smooth paste.
- Fry the grated courgette in olive oil for 8-10 minutes. Stir through the pesto.
- In a lasagne dish, start by adding a layer of passata to the base of the dish.
- Add a layer of lasagne sheets.
- Add a layer of the beetroot mixture, top with lasagne sheets.
- Add a layer of passata, top with lasagne sheets.
- Add the orange layer.
- Add a layer of lasange sheets, passata, more pasta sheets, then your green layer.
- Add a final layer of lasagne sheets.
- Top with bechamel, sliced mozarella, grated cheddar and fresh basil.
- Bake in the oven for 30 minutes at 180oC, or until golden and bubbling. Slice to reveal the rainbow!