Our best ever gluten-free gingerbread! This recipe creates soft and chewy gingerbread which do not crumble or fall apart.
depending on cutter size
- 350 g Bob's Red Mill All Purpose flour
- 1 tsp Xanthan Gum
- 1 tsp bicarb soda
- 3 tsp Ground Ginger
- 2 tsp Ground Cinnamon
- 175 g soft brown sugar
- 5 tbsp golden syrup
- 1 Egg
- 100 g dairy free spread
- Icing sugar
- Decorations of your choice
- Mix the flour, xanthan gum, bicarb, ginger and cinnamon in a bowl. Rub in the butter using your fingertips until the mixture resembles fine breadcrumbs.
- Add the soft brown sugar (making sure any lumps are broken up). Mix in the golden syrup and egg until the mixture forms a dough - add a little water if needed.
- Knead the dough lightly on a flour dusted surface into a ball. Wrap in clingfilm and refrigerate for 15 minutes.
- Roll out to a thickness of 5mm (between two sheets of cling film is easiest!) Cut into shapes, transfer to a lined baking tray, bake for 10-12 minutes until golden in colour. Allow to cool and decorate as you wish!
We experimented by decorating them with healthy alternatives to sweets. We chose dried apricots, sultanas and cranberries alongside toasted, flaked almonds. They give a more grown up and natural look and taste great.
Share this Recipe